TL;DR = I am unable to restore a BlockStack ID (e.g. name.id.blockstack) on my Desktop Chrome Browser that is currently active AND signed in on my Mobile Chrome Browser
I. On my Mobile Chrome Browser:
- I created a Blockstack ID under an username, let’s call it: FnameLname.id.blockstack.
- I was given an ‘ID-Address’: ID-LongStringForFnameLname that is unique to this Blockstack ID
- I have password, the secret recovery code, 12 word thingy…all of the things.
- I go to ‘Identity’ tab to add a second ID, username, lets call it: Fname.id.blockstack.
- I am given an ‘ID-Address’: ID-LongStringForFname that is unique to THIS Blockstack ID
- I select the second Identity: ‘Fname.id.blockstack’ as the ‘Default’ identity and a little check mark thingy shows up next to it which, I believe, means it IS the default ID now
- My understanding now is, Both ID’s are tied to the same login, secret code, phrase,etc. and when I log into any other device I should, at least, see BOTH ID as options under the Identity tab…
II. On my Desktop Chrome Browser:
- I log into Blockstack using the information I have: I the “Enter Secret Recovery Key or Magic Recovery Code”, the Password, and email associated
- I am met with the FIRST ID: FnameLname.id.blockstack, no biggie, I figured, its a new instance on THIS Chrome browser so, I go to Identities Tab to, hopefully select: Fname.id.blockstack as the Default for THIS instance of Chrome but, this Identity is MIA(?!)
- When I go to ‘add’ or ‘restore’ it automatically give’s you a new ID-Address, which is diff from the Mobile Chrome one that is associated with Fname.id.blockstack
- When I get to area where you can add via name I enter Fname and its taken, I can register it with nnnn BTC but cannot, say, enter its ID-Address and attempt to recover.
Me so confused. How to recover my Fname.id.blockstack?!
I haven’t restarted my phone in weeks, fearing losing my, apparently, orphaned ID.