I have been unable to get blockstack to accept my username and thus been unable to register.
I already sent the bitcoin payment, but am unable to progress my registration due to this issue.
I have my twelve word sequence saved, but I’m unsure as to where I can use this to reset the password.
Please advise… Thanks
Hi! You can register without a name. You only need minimum one verification.
OK thanks! I’ll try that and then see if I can secure my username
It takes a couple hours for the name to be registered. Blockstack will issue two Bitcoin transactions in the background, and it will wait for the first one to be confirmed before sending the second one. You need to leave your computer online during this time for it to go through. You can check its progress using any Bitcoin block explorer by inputting your wallet address, and you can confirm whether or not it is registered by searching for it at explorer.blockstack.org. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing that. I’ve been able to progress to (a) validate my profile on Github and (b) I see the Bitcoin has arrived on my Blockstack account.
The nub of the issue for me right now is this; Blockstack won’t accept my password, so I can’t do anything on the system requiring a password. To change the pwd, I need the original one, but it won’t accept it.
I do have a copy of the Keychain Phrase, but don’t see how I can use this to reset my password!
If you forgot your password but still have your 12-word recovery phrase, can you try the following?
- Clear your localStorage from the developer console (or open an incognito window)
- Open the blockstack browser. You will be prompted to re-do the onboarding steps.
- When you re-do the onboarding steps, you’ll have the option to recover from a 12-word passphrase. You should take that option.
- Once you input your 12-word passphrase, you will have recovered your name and profile.
It may take a few minutes for the data to arrive in the browser (a known issue we’re investigating), but as long as your ID-address matches the address of your name in the explorer, you definitely own the name!
I paid for an ID but it wasn’t linked to my new username. How can I link it?
Can you share some more details? A link to the name in the blockstack explorer as well as the ID that you are trying to register the name to would help.
However, first I would try a hard refresh of your browser. That helps most issues like this.
I am having similar issues after installing Blockstack Browser and trying to get all of my account details setup in the “Complete your ID” user flow.
- Installed Blockstack Browser (Mac)
- Setup my real name, bio, 5 account verifications (git, twitter, hackernews, btc address, eth address)
- Began (never able to complete) attempting to create my .id by:
3a. send BTC to my wallet
3b. tried to purchase my .id but received the attached error
- Name registration failed without a clear reason why.
- After this failed, all of my account verifications were wiped
I tried this twice in a row and now my verifications were wiped again. Hope this is helpful and I can successfully register my name soon!