As I mentioned in the call today, within Blockstack PBC we’ve recently had some discussions around how to make the engineering meeting more useful for the community. Issues with the meetings today:
- Poor attendance
- No clear goal(s)
- Usually short due to lack of discussion topics
- Lack of awareness in new community members?
Going forward, we’d like to refocus the meeting around the following goals:
- Support for app developers: think office hours type discussion, QnA etc
- Inform the community: think roadmap reviews, share more details on work happening within PBC etc
- Solicit feedback: think design discussions, feedback on project proposals, input for future roadmap etc
Additionally, I’m recommending we add a bit more structure to the meeting:
- Updates / Announcements - 10min
- Special Topic [speaker TBD based on topic] - 20min
- QnA on special topic - 10min
- General QnA / Office Hours [focused on app mining] - 20min
One open question: is the current time working well for the community? One option we were considering was whether it might help to have this call be closer to the app mining call.
- YES, current time works well, no change needed
- NO, current time doesn’t work well
Would love to get any and all feedback from the community!