Proof of Hodl login is discussed on discord. The idea is that an app can check whether a user has a certain amount of stacks or tokens and enable certain features of the app.
I was experimenting with Speed Spend.
A simple implementation would be:
- User transfers stx from the own/main stx address to the apps stacks address (Hodl)
- app checks whether the apps stacks address has a high balances and enables betting/shows SpeedSpendCoin balance
- User transfer from apps stacks address to the own/main stx address (Unhodl) when the app is no longer deemed useful.
In the screenshot you see that the user can send 1000 uSTX to a user by name (as usual)
A special case of these actions is to send it to yourself, but different addresses.
The tokens will always belong to the user, but the hodled tokens are only “usable” within the app, they are looked.
- What should these addresses be called? “App Stacks Address” vs. “Owner Stacks Address”?
- Should the user know about these technicalities?