I just launched my calendar app on product hunt. It is the calendar that stores your event data (encrypted obviously) on your gaia storage.
The current feature list is:
- manage your events
- publish events to the public
- manage several calendars and contacts (should be really a contact collection - coming soon )
- support ical files
- settings across devices
- send invites to blockstack users (using matrix)
I hope you give it a try and I would like to interview one or two of you about your experience.
Going from here there are a few projects to enhance to calendar (https://github.com/friedger/oi-calendar/projects):
- feature parity with Google calendar
- native integration on mobile
- social calendar (follow the public events of your friends/brands/apps/any blockstack id)
It is open source and free and if you don’t trust my hosting, just clone it! I am happy to help setting it up with you.
While developing I was missing a preference feature from Blockstack. The calendar should know
- the user’s favorite color (to theme the app), defaults to blueish now
- the user’s preferred app to lookup profiles, defaults to https://debutapp.social/ now
- the user’s preferred app for chatting, defaults to https://chat.openintents.org now
- the user’s preferred locale, defaults to english
Only the blockstack browser can manage and provide these information