We recently announced a integration between Stealthy + Graphite Docs . The is what Stealthy as an iFrame in Graphite looks like.
The advantages of this flow:
- Easy plug & play for the parent app
- UX and updates all taken care of by Stealthy
- Users can have all their chats in one place
- Ex: AppSpaces in Stealthy for Graphite, Blockstagram, etc (think Slack Workspaces)
- Encryption done by Stealthy, so Contacts are managed in one place. If you’ve added a user in Stealthy, or any other plugin enabled app, you can immediately talk to them without having to re-add them
- Notifications can be sent to Graphite about new messages from Stealthy
- There are more subtle details with regards to polling, storage, etc that I won’t bore you with…
The primary disadvantage we see right now is the login flow:
- If the user has never used Stealthy before, it’ll ask them to login and the current flow (open a new tab to blockstack browser, approve stealthy, redirect to stealthy.im) would be pretty cumbersome
Will there be a way to circumvent this issue? Some of the possible solutions we were discussing:
- login done in the same window instead of new tab flow
- option to login with Graphite + Stealthy at the same time, so both apps get their respective key pairs
- shared private/public key pair between apps
Look forward to hearing your thoughts!