I have a Graphite user who needs some help. Posting here and opening a bug in the Blockstack Browser repository. I’m copying and pasting his message to me so you can see the steps he’s taking, but basically, he’s getting stuck in an endless loop because (maybe) the browser is not providing an auth response? Or not actually restoring his ID?
- I start at https://app.graphitedocs.com/ and click on the “Sign in with Blockstack” button.
- I get a pop-up and select the “Sign in with an existing ID” button.
- I am asked for my “Secret Recovery Key or Magic Recovery Code”. I provide my Secret Recovery Key in this case. I get the same result using my Magic Recovery Code but it takes more steps.
- I am asked for my password which I provide.
- I am asked for my email address which I provide.
- I get a “Restoring your Blockstack ID” info screen.
- I get a screen informing me that my ID has been restored. I then try to click on “Go to Graphite”.
- I get a “Select an ID” warning screen that tells me that “Graphite” wants to read my basic info etc. I select my ID in the purple button. At this point I get taken back to the original log-in screen (Step 1). I go through the same steps logging in from Blockstack (https://browser.blockstack.org/) except when I get to Step 7, I get a button to “Go to Blockstack” (see screenshot_09). I then get a menu of Blockstack apps and select “Graphite” (see screenshot_10). Then, I get taken to your website (see screenshot_11) and have to click on “Sign in” in the top-right corner. Then I got through the same merry process I’ve documented without any success.