We’re getting ready to release our new smart contract language (in fact, you can already get started programming in a local environment using alpha builds as described here). The language is based on LISP and has two defining characteristics that add to stability, security, and precision:
- The language is not intended to be compiled.
- The language is not Turing complete. This allows us to guarantee that static analysis can be performed in a fast and efficient manner.
One crucial step is creating a name for this language. Again, we want to communicate stability , security , and precision . Some names the core team have generated are below.
Greek mythology theme such as Atlas or Gaia
Metaphors for stability or trust
Metaphors for accuracy
We want your feedback
- Which name is best and why?
- Which name is worst and why?
- Are there other codebases with these names? Or similar names?
- Have any new ideas to add?