Recording - we had trouble with the recording today, so here are the notes and outcomes!
Key takeaways from the presentation:
- Blockstack makes secure, user owned data storage easy and makes auth a breeze
- Friction for users us much lower than with Ethereum dapps (see comparison in deck), especially with the new sponsored ids - give https://browser.blockstack.org/ a try.
- There are app generators for React and others available here.
- There are tech and non-tech ways to contribute, a good start is the Blockstack Community Rewards portal
- For developers getting started, http://blockstack.org/devs is currently the best place!
- Hank presented, slides above ^
- Housekeeping: If you’re not in the Official Evangelist Slack channel, ping @mitchell on Slack to be added. If you are not listed on https://community.blockstack.org and would like to be, ping @mitchell as well.
- We do not have an updated Roadmap as of yet, but we are implementing OKRs internally and an outcome will be an updated roadmap that we share, thanks for your patience here!
- Reminder that you can likely get space for your Meetups through WeWork, information on how to request a space is pinned to the official Evangelist Slack channel.
- A Shout out to Dan Trevino and Chris Porter for their work on #DappHack in Atlanta! If anyone would like to participate in hackathons, please let us know!
- Tabled for an asynchronous discussion - Meetups, their value, and more. Here’s a document where you can drop your thoughts, many thanks for your input here!
Open questions and suggestions from the call:
- Better information/answers to ‘where does my app or data actually live?’ - @hank to follow up
- Tutorials for using Blockstack with things like Heroku and Netlify - @hank to follow up
- GAIA migration tool feature tracking/documentation is wanted.
- Noted that a comparison of regular apps vs dapps on Blockstack and how they stack up at a component level would be really useful as well as a tutorial for migrating an existing app to Blockstack and/or decentralizing an existing app