Thanks for joining our bi-weekly community call yesterday! Here’s a recap of our community updates.
Recent Blockstack news:
- Hottest news last week was Blockstack + Lambda School
We are Bringing Apps that “Can’t be Evil” to Global Classroom, read more here…
- August 15 - NYC: Burger’s Beers and Blockstack: Learnt to Build Apps c/o Jude and Gina
- August 15 - Remote: Building apps that Can’t Be Evil c/o Mary at Cryptochicks
- August 19 - Berlin: Mark Hendrickson @ Web3 Summit
- August 19 - NYC: We will be discussing Clarity @ NYC Blockchain Devs
- August 20 - SF: Learn to build apps at StarFish c/o Mary Anthony and Matt Davis
- August 22 - Remote: “Can’t Be Evil” Contest: Part 2 Webinar with Jenny Mith, Blockstack
- August 22 - Blockstack Feierabend - Berlin Blockchain Week
- August 22 - Brighton: Mike Cohen of Radicle @ Safenetwork Brighton Meetup
Blockstack Evangelists/Community updates:
- Onboarded Laryn from Lambda School as an Evangelist
- Ricardo is leading Blockstack Feierabend with Mark and Friedger
- Joshua is creating Blockstack Malaysia
- Mirlo is doing a meetup this September 17th
Resources for the week:
- Blockstack Workshop Video in Cairo
- Blockstack Toronto Video Series is out!
- 195 APPS Overall! Which ones are your favorite?
- How can we make the community valuable to you?
- What do you think leaders in the community should be doing regularly?
- What would make being a Blockstack Evangelist immensely valuable or exciting to you?
Overall comments from Evangelists:
- Personal and skills development in return for community contribution.
- Networking, Invitation to exclusive events, meet the blockstack team and opportunity to meet thought leaders/investors in the space, build their credibility and own brand in the space, more education
- Evangelist starter deck plus FAQ Sheets
- Educational Material - too much noises out there, we need a summary of everything
- Pointing to the right direction (which threads are for what?)
- Tracker link for ID creation in Meetups
- Referral Program for app mining
- Use their own strengths to create their own roles as an evangelist
- Business/Marketing for dApp mentors
- Story-tellers for user acquisition
- Technical for dApp mentors and more…
Community dApp Assistance:
Muneeb from XOR Drive asked for help
- Jenny to provide an outreach to help dApp creators bring awareness to their apps
- Louise to provide a framework for user segmentation to help build XOR Drive’s user persona that can be used in growing its user base + adding awareness + other marketing strategies.
- Dan, Denis and Laryna gave some really good advice to Muneeb and his product.