Thanks for joining our bi-weekly community call yesterday! Here’s a recap of our community updates.
Recent Blockstack news:
For those who haven’t heard Recruit Holdings made a strategic investment in the Blockstack network.
Recruit is one of the biggest Japanese internet companies with more than a $50 billion market cap. Glassdoor ($1.2 billion) and Indeed ($1 billion) are just a few of their big acquisitions. With Recruit’s help, the Stacks Blockchain and Blockstack developer tools will be introduced to forward-thinking developers in Japan. Read more in this blog post.
- August 30 → Dmails Live AMA on telegram
- September 3 → JS Conference Korea
- September 4 → Blockstack Austria
- September 5 → Remote: Radiks Virtual Workshop with Hank Stoever, Blockstack PBC core engineer.
- September 5 → Seoul Meetup
- September 11 → Finland Meetup
- September 17 → Wanxiang
- September 17 → Blockstack Madrid
Blockstack Evangelists/Community updates:
- On-boarded new Evangelists
** New Jersey: Fahad Khan
** SF: Juliet
** SF: Terje
** Ethopia: Anteneh
- River + Shooter published 10 new articles + tutorials
- Evangelist Gifts were sent out from the Blockstack Team
- Our Telegram community is growing w/ 100+ user per week according to Joshua
Resources for the week:
•August 2019 App Mining results is out. Here are some highlights.
•Dmail is top 1 for 3 consecutive months •Coming in 2nd place is BentenSound •Arcane Docs grabs the 3rd spot ***3 Apps from Top 10 came from Walterion the Wizard •Our beloved friend Alex Lee also made it to top 4 with EZResize. •DaDroit JSON reviewer lands on 5th place. •Dan Trevino released LandHo and we are loving it.
What do blockstackers
think about the new ranking?
Community dApp Assistance:
@mikecohen.id is looking for feedback w/ his new app idea. Here’s a blurb about it.
- The app idea that he ran past in the last community call was a UI for managing a Gaia hubs connection settings to its backend storage - this would be an MVP for radicle.store which they are looking to launch in October. They also want to build a dropbox driver for Gaia as a later iteration. In addition, they want to simplify their app from multi-user to single-user functionality.