As a next step in the Stacks Foundation governance initiative, I’m compiling a survey that I’d like to share with the entire Blockstack community. The idea is inspired by a similar survey conducted last year in the Ethereum community by Eva Beylin. I personally found the results of this survey quite insightful and enlightening. The raw data from that survey, including a bunch of graphs, are linked in that post as well – see in particular the final section, on “Governance.”
Here are the questions I have for the community:
- What should the survey definitely ask?
- What should the survey not ask?
- What does success look like? What do we hope to learn, and how will that inform this project and overall governance?
- How long should it be?
- How should we distribute it, so as to maximize exposure and the number of responses?
- How should we analyze and share the results?
- What else should I have asked here?