(This is the email Muneeb sent to all of us at Blockstack. I’m posting on behalf of Muneeb, edited to remove sensitive information)
From this week I’ll be sending weekly updates.
I was in Hong Kong most of last week and came back from there more energized than ever.
Wins of the week:
- HK Decentralized the World Tour was a success with some great speakers like Nick Grossman (USV), Dan Jeffries (Hackernoon), George Gilder (Life After Google), Bonnie Cheung (500 Startups) and 200+ attendees, 100 on a live stream. Larry publicly mentioned his new startup (spin-out from Blockstack PBC) for the first time and talked about why browsers (user-agents) are important and Jude gave an excellent overview of Stacks blockchain v2.
- Ashley Smith, formerly marketing lead of Github and CMO of GitLab, has signed on to be a consultant/advisor for us. She’ll be actively working on various aspects of marketing
- We’re excited to have TryMyUI as officially the 3rd App Reviewer!
- Q1 OKRs are now finalized with leads. We're off to the races.
Last week updates:
- There was a security vulnerability in the browser, the engineering team quickly issued a patch and coordinated with app developers for rolling out the fix.
- Reviewed Q4 developer survey results ahead of upcoming developer interviews.
- Jeff published a blog post on UX challenges for a decentralized internet.
- Alex wrote a post after getting inspired by Dan’s podcast: Blockstack may revolutionize cybersecurity and data privacy
- Jude and Ken also spoke at a meetup with HKTechneeks and Garage Society HK. Link here.
- We are using Zenhub as a Project Management tool for the Product & Engineering team,
This week we have our Q4 board meeting. Looking forward to a productive week!