I’ve been experiencing corruption of my Blockstack profile in the past three weeks in two different ways:
Logging into the test environment of a particular app on Web. My profile will show show the app and work correctly, but then the next day, it will disappear. I’ve been able to reproduce that three times and will provide more details shortly.
Working from Stealthy mobile, I used the webview to log in to another Blockstack App (Travelstack in this case, but I don’t think it’s particular to that App:
- restored the Blockstack browser
- denied permission for the default Blockstack ID
- added a second ID which is the one I wish to use
- it didn’t show the ID though, just the corresponding address
- I clicked on that to log in to Travelstack, which displayed my name as ‘Nameless Person’
- I logged out of Travelstack and back in
- It still showed ‘Nameless Person’, but did show relay.id
I’m creating this post to start tracking this issue and coming up with a set of STR etc. @jude and I discussed scenario #1 at the Blockstack summit and in subsequent chats. I’ll be trying some of his suggestions and documenting them here.
This image shows my profile before and after the event described in #2 occured: