We’re trying out a new system where we announce, at the end of each Blockstack engineering sprint, the issues we tackled in the prior sprint.
Last sprint (July 30 - August 10) we worked on the following issues, with fixes merged:
- Blockstack.js authentication redirects don’t work in mobile browsers.
- Profile data lost when acquiring name
- https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-browser/issues/1350 [Closed!]
- https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-browser/issues/1529 [Closed!]
- Connecting a Gaia node to browser is impossible
- The browser didn’t support connecting a local/user-specified node — either via using app-specific gaia hubs, or via setting the gaia hub during on-boarding
- There’s a bunch of issues around this, but some progress was made:
- Mobile SDKs don’t work with React Native
- Android now works with React Native - there’s an example app here: https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-react-native
- iOS SDK: to use gaia, encrypt or sign data, encryption must be supported
- This has an initial implementation in iOS SDK release 0.2.0 — there’s some other issues to iron out here (usage of compressed vs. uncompressed keys)
We can discuss this during the weekly open community Engineering today, but if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.