Animal Kingdom Tutorial

Hi,
I have been following the zero to Dapp tutorial step by step. https://docs.blockstack.org/develop/zero_to_dapp_2.html

At this step:

Start the Animal Kingdom DApp running on your workstation by entering:

npm start

I get the following error:

Failed to compile

./src/App.js
Module not found: Can’t resolve ‘blockstack’.

Help please.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Please rerun the npm install command in the directory. Then, try the npm run again. That should resolve your issue.

Hi Moxie, tried it but the issue with dependencies I guess.

I was running Python 3.7 and got some issue and the message was to use a python version between 2.5 and 3.0 so i downgraded it to python 2.7.

Now am getting some error w.r.t webpack module.

"
babel-loader@7.1.2 requires a peer of webpack@2 || 3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN extract-text-webpack-plugin@3.0.2 requires a peer of webpack@^3.1.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN file-loader@1.1.5 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN html-webpack-plugin@2.29.0 requires a peer of webpack@1 || ^2 || ^2.1.0-beta || ^2.2.0-rc || ^3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN sw-precache-webpack-plugin@0.11.4 requires a peer of webpack@^1 || ^2 || ^2.1.0-beta || ^2.2.0-beta || ^3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN webpack-manifest-plugin@1.3.2 requires a peer of webpack@1 || 2 || 3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN animal-kingdom@1.0.0-alpha.2 No repository field.

npm WARN animal-kingdom@1.0.0-alpha.2 No license field."

Hi @MosesSamPaul can you tell me about your workstation environment? What version of the Windows OS are you using?

I’ll run a test on my end and see if I can’t come up with a set of steps you can follow.

Hi @moxiegirl , am using a mac OS mojave v 10.14.2
node v8.11.1
npm 6.3.0

thanks!

The original tutorials were tested with these:

• Mojave 10.14
  • Node v11.1.0
  • NPM 6.5.0

Are you able to update node/npm or are you locked to these version? Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee support across all versions of npm/node.

The Webpack problem is explained here in Stack Overflow: