Adding a custom Blockstack id

I have been trying to add a custom Blockstack id by navigating to the profile page and clicking on the More button. Unfortunately, the feature doesn’t appear to work. It always results in an error: Error submitting name registration

In the console, the following messages are logged:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
core.blockstack.org/v1/names/<selected-name>.id:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
registrar.blockstack.org/v1/names/<selected-name>.id.blockstack:1

Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. The best thing to do is file an issue on the browser repo, I’ve created one for you here:

Creating an issue on the repo should have a better response time than the forum and it will also allow us to keep a history of the problem for others to find easily and correlate to a fix if a bug results.

Can you @bauhouse go to that issue and add some additional information about the browser you are using and your blockstack.id, that will help to determine what is going on.

If I’m not mistaken this is the problem that requires a refresh of the page after entering the session password for the new name creation.

Note: This needs to be repeated when resetting your browser as well.
If you have more than one name attached to one key; only your original ID will be visible at first after resetting but this resolves when you create a new name enter the session PW and refresh the IDs page.

Hope this is what you were looking for?

Thanks, @moxiegirl. I have added information to the GitHub repo issue.