2018-05-31 Consumer Products Engineering Meeting


#1

Date/Time: 2018-05-31 @ 12:45 UTC / 08:45 EDT / 20:45 HKT
Click here to convert to your time zone
Length: 30 minutes
Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/966890423

This meeting is for issues around our developer-facing products such as the blockstack.js and the mobile SDKs.

Agenda

Please reply to this forum post with items you would like included on the agenda.

Each item should include:

Item name
Background information: Links to github issues, forum posts, etc with background information on the item
Desired outcome: what decision or deliverable would you like from the discussion of this topic at the meeting?

We’ll save ~10 minutes or so for community questions or comments at the end of the meeting.


#2

Attendees

  • Ken
  • Larry
  • Thao
  • Hank
  • Ryan
  • Jeff

Agenda

Browser onboarding

  • Browser build 0.29 has been made and currently testing
  • Jeff made some email update requests
  • Jeff will send message to community to join in testing of new onboarding
  • Thomas made some UI bug fixes last night after the build was made
  • A new build will be made to incorporates the changes
  • The delay for pending usernames is a problem when users try to restore their ID on another device right away
  • Short term solution is to include the username in with the restore QR code

Project Boards?

  • We need a road-map for the different projects — easiest way to do it is just have the people responsible for the different pieces of the road map to generate the content
    • Simplest version of this road map is just a paper doc that we just share publicly
    • This puts the pieces on the board, so that we’ll at least be able to think about dependencies, etc.
  • Per-repo project board versus team-wide project board
    • What about cross-repo tasks?
    • What about the visilibity into it?

Daily-Scrum

  • Do we want to continue doing these?
  • Conclusion: yes.

Action Items

  • Jeff will get started on the roadmap

Community Questions

  • Wasif: What’s the status of the gaia indexing service?
    • Answer: we’re still kind of in a requirements collection phase for that, probably not ready for a spec
    • Action Item: Either Aaron or Wasif will start a forum post to outline the indexing service
    • Voila: Request for Comments: Gaia Indexing Service

2018-05-31 Developer Products Engineering Meeting