- Robert Bo Davis
Gaia decentralization options & replication
Raised by Justin
(see related notes from consumer products engineering meeting on same day here: 2018-05-24 Consumer Products Engineering Meeting)
- Ability to choose storage: Aaron agrees we need this
- Data replication: complexity makes it a question if it is something we want to attack in the short term
Relevant Github issue: https://github.com/blockstack/gaia/issues/102
Justin: replication solves the decentralization question - no single point of failure
Jude: what about a primary writer, with secondary replication
- Aaron: this could be implemented in the client-side (blockstack.js), without too much difficulty — you’d read the additional hubs out of the apps dictionary in the profile.
- This would also let us surface errors in the client
Blockstack SDK Encryption
- The public API page for the regular Blockstack API mentions the functions encryptContent and decryptContent, but I’ve never come across these in the code–we’re calling encryptECIES and decrpytECIES in Stealthy instead. Do these methods exist somewhere that I missed or should this documentation be updated?
Answer: We believe we have never exported
encryptECIES as part of the public API -
encryptContent is the public API method that developers should use.
iOS encryption is not working. When building tests for iOS encryption, we should generate test data from blockstack.js
getPublicKeyFromPrivate to developers in iOS: https://github.com/blockstack/blockstack-ios/issues/22
Making Relations between user data.
Raised by mehmetkose
There needs to be an open source and configurable indexing service.
Blockstack search endpoint does something similar to this.
We should consider speccing out a generic solution to this. Tracking issue: https://github.com/blockstack/gaia/issues/117