2018-04-19 Engineering Meeting


#1

Date/Time: 2018-04-19 @ 13:00 UTC / 09:00 EDT / 21:00 HKT
Click here to convert to your time zone
Length: 45 minutes
Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/416493133

Agenda

Please reply to this forum post with items you would like included on the agenda.

Each item should include:

Item name
Background information: Links to github issues, forum posts, etc with background information on the item
Desired outcome: what decision or deliverable would you like from the discussion of this topic at the meeting?

We’ll save ~10 minutes or so for community questions or comments at the end of the meeting.


#2

Background information:
I propose a discussion on organizing ourselves in to smaller teams. Focusing just on the developer-facing systems and tools, we recently proposed breaking down into three teams:

  1. Blockchain team
  2. Devtools team
  3. Storage (Gaia) team

Desired outcome:

We get a list of core developers who’re part of these teams i.e., current snapshot of reality. We list out repositories that are maintained under these teams and assign current maintainers to these repositories. I propose that we assign maintainers for a period of 6 months and then rotate them.

It’s OK for core developers to be listed on multiple teams for now.


#3

2018-04-19 Engineering Meeting Notes

Attendees
Larry
Ken
Aaron
Shankarganesh PJ
Jude
Thomas
Muneeb

Organize into smaller teams

Raised by Muneeb

  • Having empty teams are okay - it informs hiring
  • We can assign repositories to teams (Action item)
  • Further assign repositories to people (Action item)

Browser state updates

Raised by Larry

  • We had recurring issues with browser state.
  • Let’s flag this as an issue in the following sprint.
  • Thomas will make an issue

Logging

Raised by Thomas

  • Discussed some background on why we collect logs: to help debug errors users encounter
  • We should develop requirements for a logging solution for the browser