Meeting with: Ken, Chase, Larry, Jude
- Full prototype of user onboarding on mobile
- Evaluated 3 approaches outlined by Larry (killed two because they contain a failure state where user is easily locked out)
- Met with engineering team to validate the approach is possible and avoids any big security pitfalls.
Open questions / ideas
- Can/should we require all new IDs to have a subdomain ID?
- Can/should we allow users to store recovery phrase someplace else (iOS keychain, save to files, dropbox, etc)?
Key next steps
- User test prototype with 5 users who have never created a blockstack ID
Overall goal and approach
- Allow new users to create a complete ID on mobile.
- Minimize the time/friction/complexity.
- Allow users to defer the password and seed record steps (get into app faster, realize value faster)
Step by step UX
- User clicks on app
- User clicks “Login or signup with Blockstack”
- User creates unique ID
- User enters email/phone
- User sees confirmation message, for specific app asking for access to ID.
- User sees/starts using app
- User gets email stating “your identity isn’t backed up"
- User opens email client and clicks on link (can be days/weeks later)
- Browser/app opens, user is prompted to backup their account.
- User is prompted to create/enter password. User types in password. Clicks done. Confirms. Clicks done.
- User sees seed in plaintext and is prompted to write down seed. User records seed.
- User is prompted to type in the seed to confirm they recorded it. User enters seed.
- User sees a message: “You’re all secure”
- User gets email with two URLs
- Restore via seed
- Restore via link + password
- WIP. Will share revised screens soon.